Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tragic news

A few months ago I received a phone call from a woman who is a friend of one of my wedding clients. This woman is the maid of honour for her friend's wedding and she wanted to order a bridal shower cake from me. The mother of the bride had completely taken over the wedding and this cake was to be a fun jab at this fact by having a nice Tiffany-blue cake, decorated with white scrolls, and then a figure of a bride wearing a Metallica t-shirt juxtaposed on top of the cake.

The writing was to say 'May Jesse rock your world forever. Congratulations, Jaimen!'. A sweet and fun message.

Today I receive a phone call from the maid of honour with horrible news - the fiance of the bride was killed in an accident this morning.

I am so shocked an saddened by the news and my thoughts and sympathy go out to Jaimen and Jesse's family. I am so sorry for your loss.

To anyone reading this that works in, or knows someone in labour like this - keep safe at all times. This was a horrible, horrible accident that shouldn't have happened.

No comments: